Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Storms On The Horizon

About an hour ago, the kids decided they wanted to go swimming in our new pool. I went to check the chlorine levels and what have you, and decided it was safe, but there were a ton of bugs floating in it. I got in to clean, and after I was done spent a few moments just floating there staring up at the cloudy sky. Something made me suddenly want to get out, so I did, and the kids got upset when I removed the ladder, covered the pool, and ordered everyone inside.

Ranger, by the way, had decided to take a nice bite out of the pool cover while I was in there. Silly dog will try to eat anything.

Anyway, I take a shower, and less than 2 minutes after I got out... with the kids still complaining they didn't get their turn to swim, the wind hits the house. A few moments after that, we're in the center of a deluge and the tornado watch alert comes through. Next thing I know, my room is crowded with two kids and a dog, wide eyed at the thunder and being startled by every flash of light.

So I ask them, "Still want to go swimming?"

They look at me like I'm crazy. See? Mom knows what she's talking about.

Silly kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment