Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Friends Who Go Poof

Have you ever had a friend who you chatted with online for months all of a sudden vanish on you?

Oh its happened quite a few times in my life, including one friend who ended a 25 year friendship when she decided not to come visit me one day, and then never spoke to me again. I honestly think her mother had something to do with that. The woman was always a control freak and hated my family. I heard she cheered with the church forced my grandparents out of the house to build a parking lot... That's what the friend's sister said anyway.

But seriously, what makes an online friend decide to suddenly go poof and stop talking to you? No arguments, no warning, just poof in the middle of a conversation and never returning. You might see them online, but they don't answer your mail. They'll say hello if you say hello first, but otherwise its nothing but politeness. You'd think that if you did something they didn't like, they'd tell you rather than hand you the silent treatment. Wouldn't you?

What a strange world we live in...

No comments:

Post a Comment